There really isn't a downside. At first the biggest problem people have with eating keto is going through sugar withdrawal. Believe it or not, most Americans are addicted to sugar. Did you know that a scan of a brain on sugar looks almost exactly like a scan of a brain on cocaine? I promise, once you are through that part, it's not a hard 'diet' to stick to. You will feel so good, you'll understand why people call this a lifestyle, not a diet.
Keto flu is what people call the first week or so of not eating carbs. The keto flu ranges from person to person. Some people will say it is non-existant, some say it is very unpleasant. Keto flu symptoms are most noticeable when going through sugar withdrawal. Symptoms of keto flu include: fatigue, brain fog, digestive upset, irritability, cravings, headaches, etc. There are several strategies that can minimize and/or completely mitigate most of these problems. These symptoms can be consistent for several days, or come and go for a couple of weeks. Everyone is a little different.
Most people will fat adapt within about 4-6 weeks. It is important to understand a couple of points:
1. Insulin Resistant people usually take longer to get into and stay in ketosis.
2. The longer you are in ketosis, the easier it is to stay in ketosis.
Everyone's path to fat adaption or ketosis is different. There are ups and downs, twists and turns. We are here to help you navigate your path.
1. Studies show, the more ketones that are availible to your body, the more ketones your body uses. Contrary to popular belief, almost every system in you body prefers ketones as energy over glucose...that's right, you read that correctly, your body PREFERS ketones.
2. Staying in nutritional ketosis can be hard, and when you fall out of it, it can take days or weeks to get back in. Drinking PTK's keeps you in ketosis through those little hiccups in your own bodies ketone production.
3. PTK's lower your ghrelin (hunger hormone) and raise your leptin (satiety hormone) and feeds your cells in a way that makes them NOT scream for glucose. So you fell LESS HUNGRY, MORE SATISFIED, and have LESS CRAVINGS FOR SUGAR.
4. PTK's give: fast & sustained energy, increased focus, and appetite suppression. They promote: fat loss, strength gain, muscle preservation, better mood, better sleep, and better digestion.
YES! We have 5 and 10 day experience packs availible for purchase. This is a great way to nail down your favorite flavors and start getting the benefits of exogenous ketones right away! Contact Mary@eatdrinkfast.com for ordering information.
We are creatures of habit, we tend to eat the same things (or types of things) and our gut bacteria responds to that. When we change up the game, our gut bacteria has to respond to the new normal. A few get constipated, but most get the runs, and for some people, there is no real difference. Don't worry, this 'upset' is generally not the painful kind and won't last forever.